Wednesday, September 05, 2007

School supplies & smiles




India was up and ready for her first day of 2nd grade before 7:00 this morning. She looks so big and so ready for this new year...I remember her first day of kindergarten. Oh, its' a sentimental time of year. And now I'm preparing myself for Friday when Curtis has his first day. That's a toughy for me. My little man. Good thing there is that big pay off...time without them :) Did I say that out loud?

9 comments:

Robin said...

What?? You want time without kids ... unheard of! Hope India's first day was great & 2nd grade makes her feel like a big kid!

Elsa and Chris said...

She loved her first day. Her only complaint was that she knows all the kids so she won't be able to make new friends... So what's the problem? Sounds great to me. OK I said go meet some new friends on the playground. Curt starts school Friday. How is B doing?

Robin said...

No new friends? Definitely a tragedy! B is a typical 4th grade boy, too cool to want to go to school. He'd rather be playing football or basketball with his buddies. I think he likes his teacher though??

Mike and Carol said...

India, how beautiful you are.
I love you. I hope you love your school, teaachers, and friends.

Grandpa Mike

Kari said...

Great pictures. The rodeo looks like a fun time.

I am so ready for Fall--a most refreshing season, as I know you agree! It will be fun for me when Emily starts school.

Elsa and Chris said...

Yes Fall is my truest season, when I breath a deep sigh and enjoy the temperatures, the beauty of nature, and the wonder of life. I am most alive during this time. And yes, you will enjoy when Emily starts school. But the time you have now is precious as you know- you treasure it in waves of joy & gratitude as you watch your children enjoy the simple wonders of life.

Lennsai's Adventures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lennsai's Adventures said...

Elsa, you are so wonderfully poetic. I can not believe how big your little ones are. India you look beautiful for the first day of school. I love and miss you tons!

Kari said...

Yes, Elsa. When I am out with my kids, I am as much an observer as a participant. I know what is meant when people say "we live through our kids."

Thanks for visiting us this weekend. The kids and I had fun, and we love you!