Friday, May 09, 2008

Messy Night Madness







OK my kids brought home this crazy idea from the neighbors about messy night. Oh, it's so exciting, they're telling me, because you don't use utensils or plates. You just put your food right on the table and eat with your hands. Can we do it? Can we do it? ....well finally I gave in and bought a dollar store tablecloth, set up the food and it was a huge success. These pictures are from our second try at it with some friends. The kids just "ate" it up! And it works great for me because I just fold up the tablecloth and throw it all away, no dishes!!! (And it puts a use to all those firefighter t-shirts Chris has in his closet :)

5 comments:

Mike and Carol said...

India, Curtis and Samantha...I told grandpa that's how I want to eat every night...he said no way!!!

Kari said...

Elsa, that's what my kids do everynight, no joke. The only difference is--they're still wearing their good clothes!

Elsa and Chris said...

Oh, you guys just made my night, making me laugh out loud so hard. Thanks for the comments!!!!

Robin said...

That is such an awesome idea! I'm sure B & Brennen would totally get in to that. For that reason, I'll never show them this post! ;)

Lennsai's Adventures said...

It looks fun. Maybe someday I will try it. :)
I can't wait to see you all.