
This weekend we braved the outdoors to do the summer camping trip.It was warm & dry with insects and birds busy all around us.There were fish swimming in the creek that ran through our campground.

Samantha spent most of her time catching butterflies. They loved her! She had them landing on her, and she would catch them with her hands and put them in her insect cage. She had about 10 before she let them go~

We tried a couple new things this time. We popped popcorn over the fire. Turned out great! We also tried making dohnuts for breakfast. We took refrigerated biscuit dough, shaped them and dropped them in oil, sprinkling them with cinnamon and sugar while hot. Everyone enjoyed these and I suspect they will become a requested tradition.

Rachael was the center of attention, when she "speaks" we all listen! Chris and I carried her in the pouch, pushed her in her stroller, rocked her, held her while she slept...and all in all made the trip successful despite the challenge (and pleasure) of a 2 1/2 month old!
2 comments:
I think that is so awesome that you ventured out camping with Rachel (is she already 2 1/2 months?).
I love that photo of Sam with her butterfly. Cute! Emily would be chasing butterflies with Sam--that's what she loves to do at the park. Nothing says "childhood" like chasing butterflies.
Curtis is so handsome. I love India's side pony tail. You've got an adorable family.
Every time I look at that picture of Sammy with the butterfly, I think "Wow! She has a great haircut!" Love the blunt bangs - with features as soft as hers she can pull 'em off. =) Love it! Happy Campers! =)
Post a Comment