Friday, November 07, 2008

FENG SHUI


You ever feel like your life consists of mountains of keepsakes, kids clothes, souvineers from childhood gone by, things you may need someday :) and you can hardly get past it to the future? I have been feeling that way lately. So, with the help of a very inspiring book called "Clear Your Clutter with FENG SHUI" I have been going 90 miles an hour trying to toss old baby clothes I felt I could never get rid of, piles of school papers/ notebooks that the kids bring home that I didn't want to look through because I didn't want to decide what to keep and what to toss. What I found was that it was a piece of cake and I'm making progress quickly. I feel GREAT!!!! I want to just keep going and going. I went through India's room, major clutter removal. I breath deeply in her room now instead of the usual heart racing anxiety attack that usually accompanies me there.


Every once in a while I come across a stumper...trying to decide how to part with a childhood gem, like my Cabbage Patch dolls. I loved them soo much when I was a kid. I kept their birth certificates and the clothes my Mom made for them. It's hard. I took pictures of them hoping that would help me part with them. They are still in the box in the garage, maybe I'm not quite ready yet, but it's a first step.


Well, I'll just keep going. The more I purge, the cleareer my mind is and the more energy I have. I feel I have opened up space for things to come into our life....instead of holding onto the past so tightly there is no room for anything else.


I highly recommend this book.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Neat Elsa! Have you seen my house? Maybe I should borrow that book...lol! You are right about Hawaii. It was so relaxing and just a piece of paradise. Maybe that is why I've had a hard time readjusting to "real" life, huh? :o)

Kari said...

I would love to get a copy of this book. I'll check my library to see if they have it. You have a great ability and interest in simplifying, and your home is a place where I always feel relaxed...even when their are a lot of kids around.

I also like the picture you have up. The detail is amazing!

Kari said...

BTW, just reading about you giving up your dolls almost brought me to tears. Maybe you can find someone who'll take really good care of them. :)

Elsa and Chris said...

I know. I am going to hold onto them...now that I've given so many other things away, it helps me realize there is room in my life to hold onto the important things. I've learned in the past with purging that if you pick something up and it makes your heart hurt, your not ready to pass it on! Your not at a place to let go of that part of your life nor may you ever need to be.